Thursday, March 28, 2013

Shoe Crate



Do you always have shoes piled up at your front door?  Well, for me, the shoe menagerie is at our back door, but you get my drift.  It’s only my husband and me, but somehow we can never keep track of our shoes.  Unfortunately, we don’t have room by our back door for a traditional shoe rack, so I needed to be a little creative to come up with something that would fit the space and our needs.    


I purchased two unfinished crates from my local craft store using 40% off coupons, of course!  Then, I painted them black in a satin finish.  That’s it!  I didn’t attach them together, I simply stack them one on top of the other.  Trust me, they don’t budge.  My favorite kid of DIY project - simple, inexpensive, and does the trick.   Think of all the other things you can use painted stacked crates for.  How about an end table that can store books and magazines?  What else do you suggest?  

No comments:

Post a Comment